The Full Sabbatical;
Choose One Semester or Two
SAT’s full Sabbatical Program is composed of two sessions – one in the Fall (late August through early December) and one in the Spring (late January through early May). Participants are encouraged to take the full program (two sessions), though some may choose to take just one of the two sessions.
Our course offerings are exceptional yet optional, and you will not be required to take exams or complete academic assignments while on Sabbatical. Presenters come to SAT and offer courses specifically geared toward a holistic Sabbath experience.
The SAT Sabbatical also provides diverse opportunities to enrich one’s self-understanding and spirituality through spiritual direction, liturgies, and days of prayer, contemplation, and retreat.
what is included in our sabbatical program:
• Courses in contemporary theology—spirituality, mysticism, cosmology, scripture, the arts, and personal development—from leading presenters who come to SAT from the Bay Area and across the United States.
• Other SAT Sponsored workshops and events
• Student discounts
• Liturgical, contemplative offerings, and movement meditation (e.g., tai chi)
• Tenderloin Experience with Care Through Touch Institute
• Borrowing privileges at the Graduate Theological Union (GTU) Library and access to the Cal Berkeley libraries
• Off-site “Days of Prayer” and a Retreat
• Overnight, closing experience at Villa Maria del Mar, in Santa Cruz, CA
• Continuing Education Units and a Certificate of Completion
TUITION AND RESIDENCE 2017-2018
Tuition: $7,660/semester or both Fall and Spring semesters $14,850
Non-Refundable Application Fee: $50
FALL 2017 DATES
Arrival: August 28-29, 2017
Orientation: August 30-31- September 1
Closing: December 6-7
Departure: December 9-10
SPRING 2018 DATES
Arrival: January 22-23, 2018
Orientation: January 24-26
Closing: May 2-3
Departure: May 5-6
If you cannot come for a full semester, but would like to come for a shorter time, our prorated costs are:
Costs per week (program tuition and residence): $1065
Application fee: $50
Scholarships are available. To inquire, contact email@example.com